Aug 26, 2007

Walt Whitman Bridge

How can you help but to root for these guys? They love the early, 100-words-per-line Bruce, they've had some great acoustic alt-country change-ups, they rock their asses off live, and their hometown apparently could not care less.

Sorry, Philly people, but how else can one explain why a band this good, ten years or so down the road, is playing a 300-capacity room in glorious Fishtown on a Saturday night, back in their hometown to celebrate the release of their 8th record? Indie cred? Right. Sure.

I caught Marah last time they played at Johnny Brenda's and I liked the room a lot, but have to admit to suffering visions of sitting in a gritty police station at 2am after discovering my car gone... (It was fine, of course...and yes, thanks, I am well aware that I've been living in the suburbs way too long.)

Anyway, Dave & Serge have kindly shared some new & improved tunes from the forthcoming record, check 'em out:

east
feather boa
the rough streets below
goin' through the motions

See youse guys at JB's on the 8th. I'll drive :-)

No comments: