Aug 25, 2007

Like Sonny


I was in NYC last week, and caught up with my buddy John for the first time in awhile. I love John but let's say his taste in music falls somewhere in the Foreigner/REO Speedwagon space, so I was pretty shocked when he told me he was going on an NYC blues cruise to see Sonny Landreth.


Now I just love Sonny's playing on John Hiatt's best records, and have South of I-10, which is a damn good record in its own right. But I was surprised when I popped on Archive.org to see if I could find something to prep John for the experience, and lo & behold, there are shows of Sonny playing with Little Feat! Had no idea and I'm something of a Feat fan.

While the sound quality is a bit lacking, there's some hot jamming on this version of Let It Roll from the Keswick show in 2006 (mp3) And here's a goodie from Sonny's official site: key to the highway

you can find a bunch more mp3's in the "lagniappe" section of the site

No comments: