Feb 21, 2008

sxsw mp3 obsession #1

And you thought The Raw Flame was dead...surprise!

I've been busy with a little side project (please don't be too critical; these are Genuine Basement Tapes!) and anyway, there just hasn't been much free music popping out on the net that's really caught my attention.

Until the SXSW mp3s came out, that is.

Two years back, there were a bunch of awesome tracks. Last year was pretty mediocre. This year, there's a lot of promise, and I'm really just getting started at this point.

An easy pick is Ms. Marcia Ball. Fantastic New Orleans blues pianist.

Louella.mp3

Another is Jason Collett, with a tune Lou Reed would've been happy to add to New York...

Out_Of_Time.mp3

And to show you how cool and funky I am, I'll recommend this Chuck Prophet ditty:

Freckle_Song.mp3

More soon!

No comments: